It’s been a while since I bought the Fujifilm X-T2. This is an awesome camera (*) and the kit lens is a really good one. The Fujinon FX 18-55 (2.8 – 4) is certainly no regular “kit lens”. I’m not the professional shooter. But I certainly can understand what the limitations of a lot of the kit lenses are. And yes, also this lens has its limitations.
Ok, that’s not really fair.
I ment to say: my limitation (being the lack of gear, or better yet, the lack of range.)
So i started to look around for a 2nd lens. Since I’m Now I am not ready to purchase a 1000€ lens just yet.
I decided to buy a couple of old, vintage lenses.
The advantages being:
- being forced to shoot manual focus.
- get to know prime lenses.
- trying out stuff without breaking the bank.
- vintage does not mean better quality all the time
- looking around, trying out stuff, ‘trusting’ youtube and other reviews
- building an unnecessary collection of “nice” but useless lenses
and you will need some adaptors
for old M42 mount lenses, I ordered the K&F M42-FX – http://amzn.to/2rjIc89
I’ll post some reviews as soon as they arrive…